Knox Borough is located in Clarion County and known as the “Horsethief Capital of the World”. Horsethief Days is a festival that happens in the Borough of Knox, in Western Pennsylvania. It happens the week before school goes back into session. (last week in August) During Horsethief Days there are so many activities you can do. For instance, there are all sorts of dances (country line, adult, and teen), Legendary TRACTOR RACES, kiddie parade, sidewalk sales, Nickelodeon night, bike races, and eventually the Horsethief Parade on the last day of the festival. The activites are fun and very interesting.
Knox Borough maintains its own Water System and a new Sewer Treatment Plant completed in 2017 to compliment our total Sewer line replacement done over the last 4 years. Knox Borough has a Police Force, Knox Volunteer Fire Company, Knox Ambulance Company, Keystone Elementary-High School, and Knox Public Library. The town has many Organizations and Clubs serving the area. This quiet little Borough has a lot to offer someone moving into this area.
HORSETHIEF DAYS 2019 DATES AUGUST 10TH THROUGH 17TH
NEXT MEETING FEBRUARY 28TH AT 512 MAIN ST 630PM
KNOX BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS:
- MONTHLY MEETING: JANUARY 7, 2019 AT 700PM
- WORK SESSION: JANUARY 21, 2019 AT 700PM
- MONTHLY MEETING: FEBUARY 4, 2019 AT 700PM
- WORK SESSION: FEBUARY 18, 2019 AT 700PM
- MONTHLY MEETING: MARCH 4, 2019 AT 700PM
- WORK SESSION: MARCH 18, 2019 AT 700PM
- MONTHLY MEETING: APRIL 1, 2019 AT 700PM
- WORK SESSION: APRIL 15, 2019 AT 700PM